| 38 weeks! |
Happy 2012!! I can't believe it's already January 2nd!! Time has really gone by quickly for me during this pregnancy, and this last week has absolutely FLOWN by!! Mini-g has now been cooking for 38 weeks, leaving only 2 weeks until her due date! She could be here any day now! According to one email update she is the length of a leek (click here) and another says she's about the size of a small watermelon! At my doctor's appointment last Thursday he estimated her to be about 6lbs right now, and guessed 7lbs 6oz for her birth weight! He didn't give me a time frame on when he thinks she'll come though...
I think I can say we are officially "ready" for her arrival, as far as our "to do list" of getting things ready around the house... we've got the nursery ready, clothes & blankets are washed, pack & play is set up downstairs, bassinet is ready upstairs, hospital bags are packed, car seat bases have been installed in our cars, and we even tried the car seat out with a teddy!!
The question is are we "ready" mentally & emotionally?! :-) Emotionally I think we're so ready to meet her and see her, but maybe not quite ready for the sleep deprivation... but who is ever ready for that?! I've definitely been feeling more & more anxious about her arrival, and what we'll do with her once she's here! I feel kind of like I've been preparing so much for her arrival, that I haven't really spent much time thinking about all the things I don't know how to do with her once she's actually home (like feeding, bathing, etc.). I really still think she's going to be on time or late, so I figure I've got 2 more weeks to get some last minute reading & research done!!
| New Years Eve 2011 |
Dan & I really enjoyed this last week of our break together, and got to spend lots of time with our family & friends! We rang in the new year with some good friends who have young children and/or are pregnant too, so that was a lot of fun! I made it to midnight, but not much after! We were close to home though, so I was in bed before 1am! New years day we had our parents & brothers over, for probably the last time before mini-g arrives! It was low-key but a lot of fun! We had an amazing year in 2011, and are SO looking forward to all that 2012 will bring, starting with the arrival of our little girl!!!!
<3~h&d&minig

No comments:
Post a Comment