Tuesday, January 10, 2012

39 Weeks...

39 weeks and 1cm!!

...and still no mini-g!! I went to the docs today and everything looked good; blood pressure was good, mini-g's heartbeat was good, she's still head down, and I'm dilated 1 cm!! It's not much, but it's better than zero right?! Mini-g has definitely been making her way down, my belly seems lower lately, and it's weird when I can push on the top of my belly and it's empty where it used to be baby! So now instead of having her feet up in my ribs, she's kicking straight out into my side! She's still moving around quite a bit, and she seems to move more when I eat ice, which I've been doing nonstop lately! It's a good thing there's a fridge with an ice maker at work!! Or maybe it's a bad thing... Other than ice, my second biggest craving of tiramisu has actually started to fade, thankfully!! For some reason it just isn't tasting the same lately... but my wallet and the scale will be grateful for that! Overall I'm still feeling pretty decent for the most part. My hips and back get pretty sore at night, but I'm still sleeping pretty good, so I can't complain. I am feeling more & more anxious for her to just get here already though!! It's not so much that I want to "be done" being pregnant, but I just want to meet mini-g, and be able to hold her in my arms!! So for now, I'm working on resting & being patient...

 On the home front things feel pretty much ready for mini-g's arrival. One of the last things we need for the nursery is a shelf to put the baby monitor on, but since she won't be sleeping in her crib for awhile I'm not feeling too rushed to get that. We also need a few more decorations for her walls, and blinds for the windows, but surprisingly I'm not stressing about those things! The guest room/grandmas room feels nice & homey now, but it's just missing a mattress on the bed! We ordered a new mattress for our bed a couple weeks ago, but of course the one we picked was out of stock! So once our new one arrives well move ours into the guest room for sleepovers! :-) We also bought a chest freezer over the break to keep in the basement, and I've been starting to freeze some of our leftovers so we have something to eat after mini-g comes & I stop cooking! For Christmas my brother & seester gave us a gift certificate to Simply Good, which if you don't know about it, sells "gourmet" to go dinners that we love. So today I used that gift certificate (and spent a little more!) and stocked our freezer with some dinners & soups!! Thanks again Dave & Jen!!

Celebrating Colston's 1st Birthday!

 Last weekend we celebrated my godson Colston's first birthday! It's incredible to think back to the first time I met him, when he was only 1 month old!! Now he's a big 1 year old toddler! He's walking all over the place, and is just the cutest thing! He did a great job opening his presents and dug into his cupcake!! He wasn't too happy though when the frosting got into in his eyes, and ears, etc! Here's a shot of him enjoying the fun!

Yummy cake!!
Until next week... or until mini-g arrives ;-)

<3~h&d&minig

1 comment:

  1. Heather, you look great! Mini-g is just taking her time. I know what you mean about being anxious for her arrival. I started this week thinking I could have our baby because of the version/c-section scare and now I have no idea when Baby Izzo is going to arrive. 1 cm is something. Everyday I keep thinking I might be getting a text or Facebook update about mini-g. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete