Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Life as we know it...

...has definitely changed for the better!! I have actually found a chunk of time to update the blog this morning as Emmy is taking a big nap! Here's a few snapshots of what we've been up to since arriving home from the hospital...

Our first nap in the bouncy chair!
Here's Emmy taking her first nap in her bouncy chair! We've worked hard on napping on our backs, instead of napping on mommy or daddy! We quickly discovered that mommy & daddy can't sleep at night if Emmy can only sleep on us!!














Family Picture after our first bath!  
We gave Emmy her first bath on Friday night, which was our first night home. She hated getting washed, but once daddy swaddled her in a towel she was calm when I washed her hair. She looked so pretty after, and smelled soooo good!!



We do a lot of this around here now!




And Emmy is doing more & more of this!!




1 week photo shoot!

Yesterday we had Wayne Maki over to take pictures of our little bean! She pretty much hated it, and took quite a while to settle down, but by the end of it she was pretty lethargic and we think we got some good shots! We can't wait to see how they turned out!! 



My FAVORITE - the milk coma!!

Finally, this is my absolute favorite picture of Emmy so far! This is the precious face I get to stare at after each feeding, and it absolutely melts my heart!!! 

Today Daddy went back to work, so Emmy & I are on our own for the first time! She actually slept the best she's slept so far last night, which was a gift to both of us. I got to get a few hours of sleep in, and didn't have to wake daddy up at all! I think he had a hard time saying goodbye to her this morning, but he's not going to work a long day, so he'll be home before we know it!!

1 comment:

  1. OMG-She is so cute! I know you're busy but keep the posts coming. I love it! I'm a bit of a blog stalker right now.

    ReplyDelete