| 40 weeks! and still 1cm |
...and mini-g is sitting comfy! It's not looking very likely that she will make an on-time appearance, but hopefully she won't be too late!! I saw the doctor this morning, and everything (blood pressure, mini-g's heartbeat, she's still head down, belly measurement) still looks good and on-target, so that was good news. I'm still only dilated 1cm, and the doctor said the baby hasn't fully dropped yet, which wasn't too encouraging, but also not necessarily a terrible thing. The doctor scheduled me to come back in Wednesday afternoon for an ultra sound and a non-stress test. I'm told these are routine when you go over your due date, and they're just to make sure that there's enough amniotic fluid still in there for the baby, and that nothing is wrong w/the baby or me. As long as we're both ok they'll let me wait & try to go into labor on my own, but only up to 2 weeks over my due date, after that they'll induce me. So for now, we sit tight & practice our patience for a little bit longer I guess!
Overall I'm still feeling good, no major complaints. Physically I am becoming more uncomfortable though, it's harder to get up & down, especially when getting up from the couch! Surprisingly, sleeping has still not been bad. I still wake up a few times a night to use the bathroom, but I can typically fall right back to sleep, and lately Dan tells me I've been sleeping more deeply than these previous months, so I'm not complaining!
Dan & I had a nice, relaxing, long weekend together. We took it easy most of the weekend, anticipating the arrival of mini-g, and we only ventured out of the house twice, both times to get dinner! We weren't lazy the entire weekend though, we cleaned the entire house, we assembled mini-g's bouncer seat and swing, and our new mattress was delivered, so the guest room officially has a bed!
Last night our parents came over & brought dinner AND dessert for us, it was great! And tonight our cousin Nicole is bringing us chili!! People better be careful about spoiling us too much, and before mini-g even gets here!!! haha! But honestly, we are so appreciative of all the love & support our friends and family have shown us on our 9 month journey! I can't believe we've finally hit 40 weeks, it feels like we just found out we were pregnant!! But don't get me wrong, I'm ready for our perfect little peanut to be here already!!!
<3~h&d&minig

Enjoy your last few hours before your life changes forever, but I promise, its a GREAT change! Best of luck to you, I'll be checking in to see when baby girl arrives!
ReplyDeleteCherrill, Frank, Emma and Karsyn. :-)
Heather, best of luck to you guys - it is fun to read and see what is to come since you're 22 weeks ahead of me. :) I know she will be beautiful!!
ReplyDelete