...and growing so big already! Here's some quick updates on what Emmy's been up to this week:
On Tuesday Emmy was officially 1 week old! In addition to having Wayne Maki take pictures of Emmy on her 1 week birthday, we also attempted to take our own picture with the belly stickers Aunt Lisa got us, but as you'll see below, our first attempt was not a success! :-( However on Wednesday, I tried again & was able to get a somewhat better picture...
 |
| Take one... |
 |
| Take two! |
 |
| Trying out the sling! |
Wednesday was daddy's first day back to work, so we decided to try out the sling, and despite the look on her face in this picture, she seemed to like it! She actually fell asleep in it, so I figure that's a good sign. It was nice to be able to have both hands free and still have her on me. She loves to sleep on our chests, so it's a win-win situation! Unfortunately this one is too short for daddy's tall body, so we're going to have to get another one so he can enjoy some sling time with Emmy too!
 |
| Tummy time! |
We also tried tummy time for the first time this week! Emmy did really good and tolerated it for a whole 5 minutes before she started to get mad at mommy! Sorry Em.j., this is something that isn't going away anytime soon!!
 |
| Enjoying my second car ride! |
Today we took our second trip out of the house to go see a lactation consultant. We weren't worried about Emmy getting enough to eat (since she had gained weight at her 1 week dr. appt. on Monday), but I was more worried about the "latch", and the "soreness/pain" I've been experiencing at the beginning of feedings. Since I had a spinal headache in the hospital, I did the majority of my nursing in a more reclined position, versus sitting up straight, so I really just wanted to get a "professional" opinion on how we're doing, and I'm so glad we went! It was super helpful to have that one on one time with a nurse who really knows babies & nursing. It was also very informational; she weighed Emmy before eating, and after eating from each side, and before eating Emmy weighed 7lbs even! So she's just 1oz shy of her birth weight, which was exciting to hear! After one side she had eaten 1oz, and she ate 1 & 1/2 oz on the other side! Mommy & Daddy are so proud of our growing little girl!! We also stopped on the way home to pick up my breast pump, so I can start freezing some milk for future bottle feedings, while making myself more comfortable at the same time! :-)
I think our big trip out of the house today made Emmy pretty tired since she's still taking her "big" nap of the day as I type. Dan is on his way home & is picking up sushi so we can have a little date night dinner. Although I still ate sushi a few times during my pregnancy (only the cooked stuff, don't worry!), I'm excited to go all out with some of my favorites tonight! We were joking about how our date nights will be confined to our house with our pretty little peanut for a little while, but we wouldn't trade that for anything in the world!! When Dan went in to pick up our order he said "why aren't all these other people home with their babies?!" :-)
You guys both look great! I love that sling. I'll have to get one of those. I still have two days to get one. :)
ReplyDelete