Saturday, September 30, 2017

Day 7: Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique & Sea World



Today Dan was in meetings all day, so PWC had lots of options for how significant others & children could spend their day. I wasn't brave enough to take the girls into a Disney park on my own, so we opted for makeovers at the Bippidi Bobbidi Boutique instead! We took a bus over to Disney Springs around 9am, and it turned out that I knew one of the other families with us, and we quickly made friends with a couple other moms & their daughters.



The boutique was so much fun!! I had told the girls ahead of time that we'd be getting Princess makeovers, and I asked them who they wanted to be. Emmy picked Aurora and Cameron picked Belle, so I brought both of those dress up dresses with us from home, instead of paying $60+ for a new dress at the boutique. I did buy them each the matching crown & wand to go with the princess they chose (those were $20 each) at the boutique. I had also read a tip about having the girls wear the "peasant" versions of the princesses in to the boutique, and then they emerge as the princess version, which I thought was a super cute idea! So we had Villager Belle & Briar Rose on our way in, which I think was more fun for me - they were so excited about the boutique itself that I don't think they cared what they were wearing!






When you get called in, a "Fairy Godmother in Training" takes you to a changing room to get into your princess gown. While you're in there, she has you say the magic words & the Original Fairy Godmother appears in the magic mirror! Both girls LOVED this! and Cameron kept yelling Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo over & over to get her to come back!







Once you're dressed they bring you into the salon room, where you get your hair, nails & makeup done. With the "Crown Package" (the basic package) you get to choose from 3 hairstyles, 2 of which include colored hair extensions, you get glitter nail polish and you get your makeup done. For the makeup, they have these small palettes that have eye shadow, lip gloss and a blush all on it, so the girls get to pick what color(s) they want, and then they send the palette home with you in a cute drawstring backpack! The girls were absolutely glowing when they saw what they looked like! They had photographers who took a few pictures of the girls there at the boutique in front of a pumpkin carriage. All in all it was a great experience, I can definitely see us returning in the future!









After the boutique we walked around Disney Springs with our friends & rode the carousel, Cameron's favorite ride! We got some lunch & then found the Memory Maker Studio, where they took a bunch of pictures of the kids all done up in front of different backgrounds! The girls had so much fun doing this with their friends, and the memory maker once again paid for itself! We then caught a bus back to our hotel for a little down time before heading to Sea World for the evening with the PWC crew.

When it was time to leave for Sea World we were a little bummed because it was raining. But once we arrived at Sea World, the rain had stopped, and they provided us all with ponchos, just in case. Sea World was closed to the public for the night so it was just the PWC group there, which was really nice! We had two restaurants to choose from for dinner (which was just ok), and then we headed to see a dolphin show and the whale show. Overall Sea World was not super impressive... the shows were good, but the facilities just seemed outdated & the animal habitats felt small & made me sad. Even though we were out pretty late we all had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment