Thursday, September 28, 2017

Disney Day 4: Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!




Day 4 started slow & easy with breakfast in our room & then we headed out to the pool for a bit. We ate lunch poolside then headed back to our room for a rest before heading over to the Magic Kingdom for the Halloween Party! Even though the Halloween party didn't start until 7pm, you could get into the park starting at 4pm, so that's what we did!




We took a family picture in front of the castle first thing b/c it was HOT and that late afternoon sun is not kind here! I knew we'd be a sweaty mess and/or our costumes wouldn't last the whole night, so we did our "documentation" first. I was glad we did though b/c the photographer we found had the perfect "magic shot" for us!!!





We headed back to Fantasyland to use a few fast passes and we somehow hit a sweet spot of super short wait times! Emmy got to ride her favorite 7 Dwarfs mine ride and Peter Pan with only 20 minute waits, and then we used rider swap passes to ride again! While E was riding the big rides, we took C on It's a Small world (3 times), The Carousal (4 times) and the Winnie the Pooh ride. We also did Story time with Belle which both girls love! We then grabbed some quick dinner at Columbia Harbour House, and started trick or treating at the treat stations! We also rode Aladdin's Magic Carpet ride a few times before picking a spot for the Boo to You Halloween Parade! The girls weren't thrilled  at first with sitting & waiting around for 20 minutes, but we had a great spot in Frontierland & were able to park the stroller right at the rope so they could see everything as it went by!


After the parade (approximately 9:45pm!) Dan took Cammy back to the hotel & Emmy and I stayed a little longer so she could ride the Haunted Mansion ride. She also really wanted to ride 7 Dwarfs again, but the wait was long so we opted for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad instead. I haven't been on it in so long, I had forgotten that it's a bit of a rough & crazy ride! But Emmy loved it! And since there was literally no line for the ride, we got to stay in our (front row) seats & ride again without having to get off & walk back in! My favorite part of the night was as we were riding the train for the second time the Hallowishes fireworks were going off, so we had an amazing view of them!! It was a really fun & special night for Emmy & I! After the train ride she was fried, and she walked about halfway out of the park before I gave her a piggy back ride to the bus. We gave her a super quick bath when she got back just to get the sweat & glitter off of her, and then she went right to sleep! It was an exhausting but fun night!


My Tips:
-Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (MNSSHP) - You can make fast passes with your party ticket! You can't get in until 4pm (unless you're already at the park that day), so you just need to make them for sometime between 3:30 & 6:30pm. I realized this too late so I wasn't able to get the best times/rides, but we did use 2 of the 3 that I got!

-Memory Maker - Unless you plan on coming to Disney often & regularly, I think the memory maker package is absolutely worth the money! It's a flat rate of $169, so it's not cheap, however it includes all shots from professional photographers at the restaurants & parks, and you can seek out these photographers as often or as little as you prefer. I think they're especially worth it for the character interactions. It allows Dan & I to participate or just enjoy watching the joy of our girls meeting their favorite characters, instead of having to try to take pictures of everything. And they just get the best shots!! There are also many "magic shots" available, where they'll pose you a certain way & then add something to your picture - the girls LOVE these!!

No comments:

Post a Comment