Sunday, September 23, 2018

Disney World take 3!

It looks like this blog has become all about our Disney trips! I really should try to get on here more often for regular updates... But for now - it's fall break & we're back at Disney!




Last year, when I was confirming our hotel reservation for our fall break trip, I realized we had enough Starwood points to book another stay at the Swan hotel, so I made a hotel reservation, knowing we had the option to cancel anytime up to the week of the reservation. Then when we were 6 months out & it was time to make dining reservations we decided we'd go ahead & take the trip! It wasn't too long after that that we found out I was pregnant, but Disney was nowhere on our minds! And how here we are - I'm 6 months 1 week pregnant, about to do Disney! We've included 2 pool days in our schedule for the week so it should be ok, but I definitely won't be riding many of the rides this year!

We got on the road about 8am today, a little later than we'd planned, but weren't stressed about it because we didn't have to be here by a certain time. Traffic was clear the majority of the way down, but we lost a big chunk of time with 3 pit stops all within an hour, so we didn't end up getting to our hotel until almost 4pm! Needless to say it was a long day in the car, and we were all very excited to be out of the car! Thanks to Dan's status from traveling & staying at Starwood Hotels, we were upgraded to a suite for our stay, which is amazing! We basically have 2 adjoining rooms - one has 2 beds and a bathroom, and the other basically has a living room, dining table, balcony and a bathroom. Yes that's right - 2 bathrooms! It's amazing!




After unpacking our rooms, we took the girls to the pool for a quick swim to get some energy out, and then headed back up for a quick change to go to dinner. In previous trips we've left the hotel for a dinner reservation on our first night, but this time we just made a reservation at a restaurant in our hotel, and I'm so glad we did! We ate at a restaurant called Garden Grove, and they even had Goofy & Pluto at dinner! The food was a seafood buffet, which was pretty good, but the best part was being able to just walk upstairs to our room when we were done. The girls were pretty tired, and Cams was basically asking to go to bed by the end of the meal! But they hung in there, and we got them to bed pretty quickly.




Tomorrow we're spending a FULL day at Magic Kingdom! We plan on being there at park opening, and staying through the fireworks! Fingers crossed they can make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment