| 10 weeks old! |
...is sleep! And whether were getting it or not, its a huge part of our lives right now! Were pretty sure Emmy went through a growth spurt last weekend, as she did not sleep for longer than a 3 hour chunk the entire weekend! Needless to say, it was rough for Dan & I, and I'm just so grateful it happened on a weekend bc I really needed dans help when she was getting up every 2 hours! I'm happy to say that she slept much better this past week: 7 hours Monday night & 8 hours Tuesday night! Now both of those happened with her sleeping in the rock & play sleeper in our room, but she did sleep for another few hours each morning in her crib, and one day she even napped for an hour in the pack & play, so were getting there! Were gonna have to put her down in her crib again eventually... but now that she's giving us big chunks of sleep we don't want to mess with that!
![]() |
| Emmy after our weekend of no sleep, she doesn't even look tired! |
Aside from the sleep thing, Emmy is doing great! She's really smiley & seems like she's on the verge of laughing too! Her smile can just absolutely melt your heart, which came in handy for her last weekend when I was making my 5th or 6th trip onto her room... She's also really enjoying books & being read to more. She tries to touch or grab for the books, and sometimes talks to the books too, maybe she's trying to read to me! :-)
![]() |
| Out on a walk with Emmy's friend Kirsten |
Last week we had such amazing weather that emmy & I were able to go walking a lot! Two days we walked into downtown Birmingham & I got done lunch while emmy slept. All that fresh air really wears her out! On Friday I went & bought a jogging stroller! BabiesRus had them on sale, which rarely happens, but I had to drive out to northville to get it, as they were the only store with them in stock. While I was out that way I picked up my bridesmaid dress for Dave & Jens wedding, which is coming up soon! I haven't tried it on yet, but the dress is really pretty! Now I need to find someone in the royal oak area that does good alterations, so if you have a recommendation let me know!


No comments:
Post a Comment