![]() |
| 7 Weeks Old! |
Emmy is seven weeks old! She continues to grow & grow, and she amazes us daily with how big & strong she's getting! She's holding her head up really well, especially when she's up on one of our shoulders. She's lifting it pretty good during tummy time too, but she still pretty much hates tummy time! She does, however, love being on her playmat, as long as she's on her back!!
![]() |
| Talking to the monkey! |
Last weekend Emmy attended her first Goerlich family event, and it went really well! She got to meet some great aunts & uncles that she hadn't met yet, and she got lots of snuggle time as everyone wanted to hold her! She was a bit overstimulated at times, and didn't nap much, but all in all she did good! And she slept well when we finally got her home that night, so it must've worn her out! Sunday she stayed home with daddy while I attended David & Jen's first wedding shower, and she did great taking a couple of bottles from daddy! It's nice for them to have that bonding time too! Daddy noticed how well Emmy sleeps after taking a bottle, so he came up with the idea to give her a bottle at her last feeding before bedtime, to try to get her to go down before midnight, and on Tuesday it worked! She was asleep by 10pm, and slept for 5 hours before waking up to eat again! Hooray for small victories!
After our big weekend Emmy & I took it easy on Monday, and just stayed in the house, in our soft clothes. On Tuesday we ran some errands and did some shopping. Today I took Emmy to my work for a visit, and she got to meet some of my co-workers and some of the students I work with! Of the 6 boys in our PLAY group, two were pretty excited to meet Emmy, and to see that "the baby's not in my belly anymore!" :-) Emmy did a great job at my work, so great in fact that I think maybe I'll just bring her with me when I have to go back! ;-)




No comments:
Post a Comment