 |
| 11 weeks! |
...its CRIB! Were still working hard to get Emmy to sleep in her crib, but were not quite there yet. Things have gotten better though, and she's slept some 3-4 hour chunks in it, she's just still waking up anywhere from 2 to 4 times a night. Based on some advice, I went out & bought a sleep wedge for her crib, it's just a very small foam wedge that you put under the sheet, and it's apparently just enough of an incline to help babies sleep better on their backs. Since using it she really has not spit up in her sleep anymore, which is good since spitting up definitely woke her up. She still wakes herself up when she startles & moves though. Even though we swaddle her every night, she always manages to get at least one arm free, and if she startles or rolls in her sleep, she wakes herself up. Another funny thing she does while sleeping in the crib is she somehow wiggles & rolls her way down the wedge, so in the morning she's laying perpendicular to the way I laid her down in it at night. The first time I found her like that it freaked me out a little, it was like someone moved her! But she's just getting so big & strong now she's starting to move herself!
 |
| Waking up sideways in my crib! |
Emmy & I did yoga again this week, and my friend Kirsten & her son Harris joined us! Harris is just 2 weeks younger than Emmy, so it's fun getting them together! The last time they were together was a play date at our friend Anne's house (Anne has a daughter named Kirsten who is 2 weeks older than Emmy), and Emmy slept through the whole thing! But at yoga this week she was definitely awake & watching Harris & Kirsten! We got to see them again the next day when we drove out to Dearborn so Dan's coworkers could meet the babies! Everyone really enjoyed meeting them, they were the hit of the office!
 |
| Meeting Daddy's coworkers! |
 |
| Hanging out with baby Harris |
 |
| Helping Glenda practice to be a Grandma! |
Thursday was Detroit Tigers Opening Day, and it was the first time I haven't been downtown celebrating in a few years, but Emmy & I made sure to put on our Tigers gear in the morning! All of Emmy's Tigers outfits are a little big on her still, but this pink one was the closest fit. Since it came with shorts we had to put on some pink pants instead, so she didn't get cold! We also read her Detroit Tigers book that morning, to brush up on her knowledge of the game & team! :-)
 |
| Go Tigers! |
Instead of celebrating Tiger opening day downtown, Emmy & I went to the mall with Lisa & Brooke to see the Easter Bunny! We were with a whole different kind of crowd than was downtown that day (this crowd was all under 3 feet tall!) but there's nowhere else I would've rather been! Emmy looked super cute in these pink overalls with bunnies on them, but I guess she was so tired from not sleeping the night before that she slept through our whole visit with the Easter Bunny! It's better than screaming through the whole visit right?
 |
| Lisa, Brooke, Emmy & I waiting to see the Easter Bunny |
 |
| As you can tell, Emmy was very excited to meet him! |
Also on Thursday our good friends Matt & Katie welcomed their baby girl, Allison Renee, into the world! She sure is a beauty! Dan & I got to meet her last night, but Emmy will have to wait until Alli's a little older to meet her future BFF! :-) It was a little weird being back at the hospital, and Dan and I took a walk past the room we were in with Emmy, which brought back lots of good memories!
Emmy & I also got in some more walks outside & trips to a few stores this week. All in all we had a really good week (minus the sleeping issues at night!)! I'm starting to get sad though, because next week is my last week of maternity leave :-( We are so fortunate to have both of our mothers watching Emmy while I go back to work, so at least I won't be worried about her being taken care of. But I know I'm really going to miss being with her all day! And I know it's also going to be really hard when she does something new or exciting and I miss it. But I know her Grandma's will take good care of her, and keep me posted on her daily activities!! I just hope I remember how to do my job...
Heather, I love the Easter Bunny pic! Emma and I didn't make it to see the Easter Bunny. :( we're living in a mall, but I didn't see a bunny. Great job on the crib transition. We haven't attempted it yet, but your posts are helping me prepare.
ReplyDelete