![]() |
| 5 weeks old! |
I'm just realizing I haven't taken a good "5 week" picture of Emmy this week!! What a slacker!! The above one is the best one I have to offer right now... almost all of the pictures I've taken so far this week are of her sleeping, which she's been doing a lot of!! But that's only because she's a growing girl! We had Emmy's 1 month well visit today, and she weighed in at 8lbs 14oz, and is 21 & 1/2" long!! Not a lot of growth length wise, but she's definitely getting heavier & bigger!! She did really well at her appointment today. We did a lot of waiting for the doctor, and she was surprisingly calm & cool for most of it, even though she was only in a diaper, which is usually not her favorite! The worst part by far was getting her vaccination :-( None of us liked that part! But the nurse did it quickly & Emmy recovered pretty quick too, after some snuggling with her daddy!
![]() |
| Sleeping in my own room AND on my back!! |
The big news this week is Emmy slept in her bedroom in the bassinet for the first time!! She is a noisy sleeper, and she squeaks & sighs a lot in her sleep, which was keeping mommy awake! So I moved her into her bedroom, sleeping in the bassinet, which is also new to her. I wasn't sure how she'd do sleeping flat on her back, but so far so good! She definitely slept shorter chunks the first night or two, but last night she gave me a 4 hour and a 3 hour chunk of sleep, so I'm not complaining!!
| Reading my new book! |
This week Emmy seems much more alert during the day, well at least during the times she's not sleeping! But she's definitely taking in a lot more! She really looks at all the lights & animals in her play mat jungle, and is even looking pretty hard at some black & white picture books! She also really pays attention to faces now, and has given mommy & daddy a few more "real" smiles!! She also is starting to make some noises that aren't crying which is a lot of fun! As you can see below, Emmy is also doing great lifting her head up high during tummy time! However, the biggest milestone Emmy's reached this week is officially outgrowing newborn sized clothing!! I knew it was coming, but I'm still a little sad to have to put away all her newborn sized outfits!! However we now have quite the selection of 3 month old sized clothing to start wearing! We have quite the cute little outfit picked out to wear to baby dibble's shower this weekend!
| Look at me lifting my head! |
Busy season has officially come to an end for Dan, which means we get daddy back! We didn't end up going to the family party last Sunday, but I am going to take her to her first baby shower this weekend for our friends Katie & Matt Dibble! I'm excited & nervous to have her around a group of people, hopefully she doesn't get mad & yell at everyone!
<3~h&d&emmy


No comments:
Post a Comment