Monday, February 6, 2012

3 weeks old!!



Ok, technically Emmy turns 3 weeks old tomorrow, but I wanted to take advantage of this time I have to update the blog! Things over here have been good, and each day keeps getting better than the last! We're all learning as we go, and figuring things out together. Overall Emmy is a really good baby, she's fairly consistent with eating every 2-3 hours, and shes a healthy eater!! Her sleeping is getting better, we have good nights and some not so good nights... but we're definitely heading in the right direction! This past weekend we attempted to put Em.j. in her swing again (we tried it the first week she was home but she was too light & the swing was going really fast, even on the lowest level!), but since Em.j's put on some more weight we had success this time!

Taking a nap in the swing!

We are amazed by the positions that Emmy winds up in while she's sleeping, they almost never look comfortable! It's hard to tell from the picture, but in the one below the hand that's out in front of her is actually in the air, not resting on her belly! I had to gently put it down b/c it was freaking me out how she could sleep with her arm up in the air! It kind of looks like she's doing that thing where you pat your head & rub your belly at the same time...



Emmy had lots more visitors this weekend, and mommy got out of the house by herself for the first time in over 2 weeks! I just took a trip to Target, and picked up some lunch at Panera. It was nice to be out of the house, but it was weird to not have Emmy with me! I missed her! I mean, shes been with me all day everyday  for the last 10 months, we're a package deal! I really want to be able to take her out to run errands & go shopping with me, but we're still worried about taking her out in public, mostly so she doesn't catch any germs. So we're trying to wait until she's at least a month old... But we'll see if I can wait that long! We were able to take advantage of this crazy "winter" weather & went on another walk this past weekend. Emmy slept through it again, the movement must just put her to sleep, but the one time I stopped to wait for a car to pass she woke up & was like "hey, what's going on mom?!"

Out on our walk!

All rested after my walk!

Snuggling with daddy!

Yesterday we had a few friends over to watch the superbowl, but really it was more like the "babybowl", since we all spent more time watching Emmy & her friend Brooke!! We got out Emmy's play mat for the first time last night, and she did a really good job looking at all of the lights & the animals!! She also looked stinkin cute in this outfit! I actually bought a few more newborn sized outfits for her (at Target!) since she's such a little peanut and we only have a few outfits small enough to fit her right now. But don't worry, once we hit the 0-3 month sizes we might have more clothes than she can wear before she outgrows them!!

<3 her so much!!

Playing on my play mat!

All the visiting & playing yesterday must've wore her out, because she cuddled up with daddy for awhile & actually slept pretty good last night! Which daddy really appreciates, since he had to be up at 5am for work! We had a nice little Monday chilling at home, and took another walk in this crazy beautiful weather! Hopefully we'll have another good night tonight too!!

<3~h&d&emmy

2 comments:

  1. She's SOOOO gorgeous Heather - I love following your blog, makes me excited to have my little girl in 19 more weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks kristin! I didnt know you knew youre having a girl, thats so exciting! I hope you're feeling good, you look great! And yes, you will get bigger, haha! You'll actually probably look back at pixtures from now and think how small you looked even though you felt big! I know that's how it was for me! xoxo

      Delete