Tuesday, November 29, 2011

We are so thankful!

33 Weeks!

Happy Thanksgiving (just a few days late!) :-) We hope you & your family enjoyed the holiday & the long weekend! Dan & I definitely enjoyed our days off together, as well as celebrating the Thanksgiving holiday with our families! I started out my break by heading to my bi-weekly OB appointment, where everything was normal and right on track! I'm measuring right where I should be (32cm at 32 weeks), and mini-g's heartbeat was in the 150's, where it's been all along. This week mini-g weighs about as much as a pineapple (4 lbs), and is around 17" long! I can definitely tell that she's growing, as her kicks, punches & stretching are occuring alllll over my stomach, and all at the same time! She still hangs out more on the right side, but her latest move seems to be pushing straight out of the center of my stomach! It's so fun to just watch my stomach as she moves around, and actually this week the group of kids I work with got to see her moving my stomach around, and they thought it was hilarious!

Thanksgiving morning mini-g & I slept in until about 9:30, then got up to watch the parade! While watching the parade, the holiday spirit snuck in & got me, and I proceeded to pull out all of our Christmas decorations (minus the tree)! So when Dan finally came down that morning, he got a big surprise :-) I figured if I have the energy, I might as well go with it! The tricky part will be taking it all down.... eventually!



Friday Dan & I spent the majority of the day cleaning the whole house, as it badly  needed it! Since the weather was so nice we also put up our Christmas lights, but don't worry, we won't light them up until it's officially December (which is Thursday by the way!!!)! We also received the last piece of furniture for our nursery on Friday -my Aunt Sue & Uncle Steve generously donated their old nursery glider to mini-g, and they even delivered it to us Friday afternoon! It fits perfectly and completes mini-g's super cute nursery!


 Saturday was the big day we've been counting down for - our baby shower! Our mom's threw us an amazingly beautiful shower, and we were so humbled by the generosity & love all of our family & friends "showered" us with! Here's a few pictures from the shower:




























After the shower Saturday our parents helped us bring home all of our goodies & we filled up the nursery! It was a busy day, and it was nice to unwind & recap the day with some pizza & our parents! Now that the nursery is pretty much set, and we have the majority of the items we need for mini-g's arrival, reality is starting to sink in - this baby is coming, and soon!! Technically 36 weeks is full term, and seeing as I'm 33 weeks, mini-g could be here in as little as 3 weeks!!! Ahhhh!! I personally hope she takes her time & stays in there at least through New Years, if not right on through her due date of January 16th!! But as long as she's fully developed & healthy, she can come out whenever she's ready :-) I've been starting to wrap things up & have been preparing for my maternity leave at work, which is a weird thing to be doing in November/December... One of our ECSE classroom teachers is going to fill in for me while I'm out, and I want to go into Christmas break with everything lined up for her, "just in case"! I'm also wrapping up my grad classes! This Thursday is the last night for one class, and next Tuesday is the last night for my FINAL grad class!! So as of next Tuesday evening, I'll officially be DONE with my master's degree!! It's such a great feeling, and the timing couldn't be more perfect, with mini-g's arrival right around the corner!

I can't say enough how grateful Dan & I are both feeling right now. We have so much to be thankful for, and are so anticipating the arrival of our perfect little peanut! We love having you with us on this journey, and feel so lucky to have such amazing family & friends who already love our little girl as much as we do!! xoxo

<3~h&d&minig

No comments:

Post a Comment