Monday, November 14, 2011

31 Weeks

31 Weeks!

Welcome to week 31! This baby girl just keeps growing & moving, and moving & growing!! She's been quite the little dancer lately, and interestingly enough, she seems to "dance" more when there's music being played! One place she seems to love is church!! Dan & I think it's the vibrations from the organ music that gets her moving, but no matter what is is, we love to feel her dancing!!
According to my weekly updates mini-g is now about the size of a squash; around 16" in length and 3-4lbs in weight!! Also noted in the updates (which are accurate as always) my lungs are getting squished, making it harder to get a full breath in! I've definitely noticed that happening more & more, particularly after I walk up a flight of stairs... Otherwise, I'm still feeling good, no major complaints. I am starting to be more uncomfortable though, mostly when I sleep. Mini-g has been hanging out on my right side most of the time (right under my ribs to be exact) so when I try to sleep on my right side, if she's not sleeping too it becomes challenging to get comfortable among all her kicks & dance moves. So I flip sides, but then I find if I lay on one side too long my hips become sore... so back & forth I flip, in between my trips to the bathroom that is. Poor Dan, he's not really getting a good night's sleep lately either. But don't feel too bad for him, while my body wakes me up early on the weekends, his body lets him sleep in!!!

Last Tuesday I had a doctor's appointment, and got to meet the only doctor in the practice that I hadn't met yet. I actually like being at a group practice and getting to meet and have visits with each of the doctor's throughout my pregnancy, that way no matter who is available to deliver mini-g, they'll at least have met me before! Everything went smoothly at the doctors, so smoothly in fact, the doctor told me I was "boring"! I told him thank you, and I'm tying very hard to have an average, normal, boring pregnancy. I'm glad it's working so far! :-) The rest of the week was business as usual for both Dan & I. On Saturday we had the painter out to give us a quote, and he starts painting the nursery tomorrow!! I'm so excited that by the time I get home from work tomorrow mini-g's nursery might be all painted! I'll share a picture if it is! This coming weekend we're helping our friends Andy, Amy & Eli move into their new home, and then hopefully we can find someone to help Dan move the nursery furniture into the nursery so we can start getting that set up! It's perfect timing, as our baby shower is one week from Saturday!!!

This past weekend mini-g & I got to meet baby Blue for the first time as I attended Matt & Katie Blue's baby shower! Katie is due February 17th, almost exactly a month after me, but due to Matt's basketball coaching season, they had to have their shower a little early! It was a beautiful shower, and it was so good to see both of them, and meet their little bump! I can't wait until our "little broncos" can meet in person!!

<3~h&d&minig


1 comment:

  1. I love that you call her Mini-G!!! So happy for you and Dan, Heather!

    ReplyDelete