| 34 weeks! |
I am excited to finally be able to sit down and update our blog for the week, b/c that means I'm officially done with my masters work/classes/program!!! I don't know if I can officially say I "have" a master's degree yet, I might need to wait for that diploma to arrive in the mail, but it is such a weight off my shoulders to be done with it!! Things have been super busy for us lately, and grad school was just one more thing taking up my time & energy. I'm grateful that I can forget about grad school and focus now on the holidays with our family and friends, and on making sure that everything is ready for our little peanut to arrive!
As you can see from the picture above, mini-g continues to grow & grow! This week she weighs just under 5 lbs, about the same as a cantaloupe, and is approximately 17-18" in length!! I've been feeling every inch of her lately as she dances & wiggles around all day! Her movements are very visible if you watch my stomach, which I love to do!! I've been feeling very "full" of her lately; she's still sitting comfy right under my ribs on the right side a lot of the time, and she continues to be a mover & a shaker, sometimes making it uncomfortable to sit for long periods of time. Good thing I have to pee so often, it gives me breaks in the day to get up & move around! Sleep has been getting a little tougher lately... my hips tend to get sore from sleeping on one side for too long, so i flip & flop all night. The bathroom breaks continue to be many, and I've just recently started waking up around 3 or 4am for no reason, and am just wide awake... I've been able to fall back asleep, but it's taking more like a half hour to an hour... I figure this is nature's way of preparing me to be waking up for those middle of the night feedings!! Other than sore hips & lacking sleep, I'm still feeling pretty good overall! I think the third trimester exhaustion is starting to catch up with me though...
Last weekend Dan & I took a childbirth class, and it was very informational! I think some of it scared Dan a little bit, but it was all good to hear, especially the parts about what to look for when labor starts & when to go to the hospital! Even before I got pregnant, I wanted to hear every little detail about labor & delivery from my friends who have gone through it, so for me, more information now will only help me later on! I figure as long as we know when to go to the hospital, once we get there they'll tell me what to do, and I'll do it!
This weekend I hope to get our Christmas tree, and put the finishing touches on our holiday decorations! I'd also like to start washing mini-g's clothes, blankets, etc. so it's all fresh & clean & waiting for her, whenever she decides to arrive!
<3~h&d&minig
No comments:
Post a Comment