Monday, November 7, 2011

30 Weeks!

30 weeks!

30 weeks down, and only 10 to go (give or take a few)! Can you even believe it? I'm having a hard time believing it myself... but I'm also very excited to be in the home stretch! And anxious, have I mentioned at all that I'm also feeling anxious!? I think I"m the most anxious right now about getting her room ready... Last week my handy-dandy dad came over & put up the chair molding in the nursery & it looks great! Here's a sneak peek of it;



We ordered new windows for the upstairs bedrooms a few weeks ago, and they should be here in just another few weeks. We're waiting on a call back from a painter, but once the nursery is painted we'll be ready to start filling it up! Baby girl is already accumulating quite a bit of "stuff", all of which is super cute! Today she was showered by my amazing, generous co-workers, as they threw us a baby shower! In addition to showering mini-g with gifts, they also showered Dan & I with some "wisdom, wit & wry" in the form of parenting advice! They were kind enough to invite Dan & both of our moms to attend, and we had such a great time. I feel so lucky to work with such amazing, supportive women who are really more like my second family than co-workers!!

This past weekend Dan & I were busy bee's, traveling the width of the state to celebrate with our friends. Saturday morning we started in Grand Blanc to attend our friends Chris & Erin's Wedding ceremony! We couldn't stay on this side of the state long enough for their reception, because we had to head over to our friends Amanda & Brandon's in Grand Rapids for my godson Colston's baptism! We had a great time hanging out with our buddies & their family, and getting to spend some quality time with Mr. Colston! It's crazy how much he grows & changes inbetween our visits to each other. At 10 months old he's walking all over the place, and he totally knows how cute he is, and uses it to his advantage!! He was a pro at the baptism, and even took time to wave to the congregation as we waited for the priest on the alter!!

An attempt at a christmas card picture... maybe it was too bright out?

I'm still feeling pretty good, just a little more tired & physically exhausted lately. I'm still sleeping ok, despite having to get up more & more each night to use the bathroom, mostly due to mini-g pushing on my bladder! This belly is getting bigger & bigger by the day, and as Dan likes to put it, it's really "bringing the thunder"!  Baby girl is still an active little dancing bean, getting stronger by the day! I think she may have actually turned over today, or at least changed positions, since I'm feeling her in different places on my stomach. I go back to the doctor tomorrow as I'm now on a bi-weekly doctor's rotation, and I can't wait to hear that little heart beating again!

<3~h&d&minig

No comments:

Post a Comment