| 26 weeks! |
The bottom of the 2nd trimester that is! It's amazing how similar baseball & pregnancy can be... 9 innings - 9 months... a close game can make you nervous - sometimes the baby makes you nervous... fans talk at the players (even when they're on tv) - we talk at the baby (even in my stomach)... sometimes baseball weather is beautiful, sometime the weather sucks - when you're preggo sometimes you feeling amazing, the next minute you're crying for no reason... every good team needs the support of their hometown crowd - every pregnant woman needs support from her "hometown" hubby & family... it takes the whole team to pull off a win - it takes a village... you get the picture :-) It's hard not to have baseball on the brain with the Tigers in the playoffs!! We've been really enjoying watching the Tigs make their way to the world series, particularly since this was probably our last time having season tickets for a little while... We enjoyed being at CoPa last Tuesday, despite a really random crowd sitting around us and a really crappy loss from the Tigs... but there ain't nothing wrong with winning it on the road!!So back to the baby... mini g is still doing good & growing strong! She gave me a little bit of a scare last week when she decided to take it easy for a good day-day and a half, and was moving pretty minimally... I don't think I realized how busy I was between work and class that day, but when I got home and laid down on the couch she finally came out to play! Then she must've felt bad for making me nervous b/c she made up for it by waking me up Saturday morning with a dance party in my belly! I absolutely loved it!!
I think the websites have run out of fruits & vegetables to compare the baby to, but this week they tell me she's about 14" long and just under 2lbs in weight!! Her lungs continue to develop and she's taking in "breaths" of amniotic fluid, which sounds bad to me, but apparently it's good practice for her first breath of air! Her hearing is also developing, and they say she may be able to hear us more, and might even jump if there's a loud/sudden sound! I'm still feeling good myself too! These late Tigers playoff games have really been messing with my sleep schedule though... But other than that I can't complain!
This past weekend I got to mentally prepare for our baby shower as I attended my good friend Kim's baby shower! She is actually due just one week after me, so it was very exciting for our "bumps" to meet each other for the first time! She looked amazing, as always, and did a great job at the beautiful shower her family threw for her! I definitely took some notes, both on how she handeled the shower, and on all the cute little presents her peanut got!! Maybe I'll have the baby late, she'll have her baby early, and our little ones can share a birthday!? Either way, it will be so fun to have kids who are born so close together!! Kim & her hubby Steve live in Florida, so we'll definitely have to take a trip to visit them once our babies are big enough!

No comments:
Post a Comment