Monday, September 5, 2011

Back to school...

21 weeks!

Well we're officially "over the hump"!! We're now in the second half and heading towards the finish line, which really makes us feel the pressure of everything that needs to be done before this baby girl arrives! So, we took advantage of our nice long weekend and got started on our baby registry! Please note I said "started"... it was way overwhelming and is nowhere near done!! But we did enjoy ourselves while we were there, and Dan was happy to pick out the one item he wanted the most...

...the baby bjorn!!

We're still researching and deciding on a lot of our big stuff; the crib & dresser/changing table, stroller, car seat, etc... so if anyone has any suggestions please share them!! We'd really love any recommendations on any items you loved/hated, need/don't need, etc!!!

So besides baby registering, we spent a lot of quality time together this weekend. We saw the tigers beat the white sox Friday night, and although it was a million degrees out we had a lot of fun! Saturday we did dinner & a movie, and Sunday we had some nice family time at Arts, Beats & Eats! We attempted Arts, Beats & Eats again tonight, but the chilly weather chased us home early (but not before I got some ice cream!).

I've been feeling good still, and sleeping a little better too. My stomach feels like it's growing by the day, and I'm definitely fully into maternity pants now! I have 2 pairs of jeans, and that's about it for casual pants, so I think I need to get out & try to find some more bottoms that fit soon! According to our weekly email updates the baby is now about the length of a carrot, and should weigh 10 oz... however 2 weeks ago at our ultrasound they told us our little girl was already 10 oz!!! Should I be worried that she's a bit ahead of schedule?! ;-) I've been feeling her move around each day, and more than just in the evenings, so that's been pretty exciting. I think Dan is starting to feel anxious for when he gets to feel her too!!

As of tomorrow I'm back into a regular work/school schedule, so I better get to bed & get some rest!!
<3
h&d&babyg

1 comment: