20 weeks! Half way there!
I can't believe I'm 20 weeks pregnant! It feels like it was only a few weeks ago that we found out I was pregnant, I guess time really does fly when you're having fun! I hate to be that annoying "my pregnancy is perfect" girl, well ok maybe I don't hate it, but I have to say things really have been going great! Other than my ever expanding stomach, I've really enjoyed these past 20 weeks. Especially this past week; in case you hadn't heard, it's a girl! ;-) It's not so much the fact that it's a girl that has me so excited, but just knowing it's not an "it" anymore makes everything more real for us! However, I must admit I did get some enjoyment out of telling my four brothers they're going to be uncles to a baby girl!! :-)
According to my email updates this week, the baby is now the length of a banana! I've definitely been feeling her move around more over these past two weeks. It started off as more of a gas bubble in my stomach sensation, then it turned into tiny little pokes from the inside, and those pokes have been getting more noticeable. She typically moves the most in the afternoons or evenings when I'm laying on the couch or reading in bed. There have also been a few times during the day where I've felt her, but I think most times I'm moving around too much to notice every little movement. It's definitely reassuring to feel her moving around in there!!
I caved and wore my first article of maternity clothing last week, it was a jean skirt with the big stretchy panel. Those panels are a bit warm for hot summer days, but when I folded it down in half it wasn't so bad. There's definitely no hiding the bump anymore, even in loose summer dresses!! Thanks to some generous birthday gifts from my family, I used some gift cards to stock up on some maternity clothes for work. I think I'm doing good with pants, but might have to buy some more tops as I get bigger. But for now I'm fitting into most of my normal tops, it's the bottoms that require some elastic ;-) Baby girl got a couple new outfits this past week too, Grandma Smith found some clearance deals she couldn't pass up, and we now have a 4th of July dress, ready & waiting! Let's hope she's wearing size 6-9 month clothes next July! ;-)
This week is back to reality for me as I head back to work AND back to school. Boo! I have two grad classes this semester, which will complete my master's degree in December! So anytime you hear me complaining about going to class, remind me that I'll be done soon, and right after I'm done I get to meet my baby girl! I'm sure I'll need plenty of reminders... Life for Dan is business as usual. Things are "normally" busy for him at work, but he's still keeping up with his running and his golfing! Unfortunately I can't ride my bike w/him anymore while he runs (Doctor's orders), but he's been a good sport and goes on lots of walks with me instead! We both hope to get to yoga some more as we settle back into our normal "school year" schedule.
Well I think that's it for tonight, I definitely need to get myself to bed earlier to get some rest before heading back to work tomorrow!
~h&d&babyg
Okay... remember what I said the last time I saw you? I said you were going to have a girl!!! :D :D :D
ReplyDelete:D :D
You are the cutest mama!! Love being able to read about your pregnancy journey :)
ReplyDelete