| 22 weeks! |
So according to my weekly baby updates, the baby is now about the length of a papaya or a spaghetti squash! Either is fine with me, as long as she's growing!! She's definitely been moving around more, I've been feeling her during the day here & there in addition to her nightly exercise, and Dan actually got to feel her move this week too! She was moving in the same spot over & over (hiccups maybe?) so I called Dan over and he was able to feel her move! Very exciting stuff!! :-) My belly continues to expand, and I got to wear some more of my new maternity clothes this week. It's still somewhat bizarre to have this big belly sticking out now, but having cute clothes that flatter the belly make me feel better about it :-) I'm trying not to go overboard on the maternity shopping, but I did find some good deals online which were impossible to pass up! Registry wise we're still plugging away, but are nowhere near done. My deadline is the middle/end of October I think, so I think we're ok for now. I got some good tips/suggestions of things to register/not register for last week, so thanks for those! They are much needed and appreciated!!
The first couple weeks of school have come & gone and I'm well into the swing of things at work and at grad school! Dan's work has picked up a bit too, especially this week as a bunch of partners are in town for meetings, which means Dan has to wine & dine with them every night, tough life right? So me & baby girl have been hanging out on our own this week. But we did get to have dinner with my parents & brother tonight, which was nice (and yummy!). I had a grad class in Chesterfield, but my professor only kept us for 15 minutes, which was annoying, but at the same time freed up the rest of my night, so I headed back to the old homestead to see the fam, and then of course came right home to update this blog!
This past weekend I treated Dan to a surprise birthday date night (the big 3-0 is only 2 & 1/2 weeks away!)! We started the evening by trying out a new church in Royal Oak (we're church shopping), then we had a nice dinner at our fav-Town Tavern, and then we got in the car, but Dan had no idea where we were going. By the time we got to the Windsor tunnel Dan figured out we were crossing the border, and then just before we went through border patrol I had to let the cat out of the bag, and told him we were going to see Elton John! Elton was originally scheduled for a tour date at DTE this fall, but it was canceled mid-summer, and we were bummed. However, I realized about a month ago that Elton was still playing in Windsor this fall, at the Spitfires Hockey arena, which is actually a really small venue, so I got us some tickets without telling Dan, and surprised him on Saturday! We had a great time and Elton sounded awesome!!


Love the blog! It's so neat to see the picture updates. It was a great idea to hold the sign--I wish I had taken the time to do that too. Isn't it amazing how fast our little ones are growing? I know how you feel being alone during the week, but it is nice to know that we're never really alone now. Hopefully, I'll get to see you in October. :)
ReplyDelete