Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Day 2: Magic Kingdom






We spent our first park day of this trip at the Magic Kingdom! And for the first time, we planned on spending the entire day in a park, with no breaks! We got off to a little later start than planned, but still arrived at Magic Kingdom around 9:15. We were hoping to get there a little earlier to see the castle welcome show, but the security lines at the gates were super crowded!! Once we got inside, we did get to see the Main Street autumn show, which the girls enjoyed, and then we took a few family pictures in front of the castle before heading back for some rides!







One of my goals this trip was to get the girls to try some new rides. This is our 3rd trip to Disney, and they've pretty much only ridden the rides in Fantasyland. So to start off the day Dan & Emmy tried out Space Mountain & Cameron & I headed to Winnie the Pooh. I wanted her to try Tomorrowland Speedway, but she REALLY wanted to ride Winne the Pooh. Emmy really likes roller coasters, however she did NOT like this one! Too dark & scary for her, she said. Cameron however enjoyed Winnie the Pooh! After that we had our first fast pass of the day for Enchanted Tales with Belle, but the line took a really long time, despite being the fast pass line. Dan took advantage of the wait time & went to get us some iced coffees, and the girls had some snacks. Once we got inside, the girls loved story time with Belle, it's one of their favorites! Cameron got picked to be the beast this time, and she was SO adorable!! Emmy wanted to just be a plate, and she was the cutest little plate in there! This is a great attraction to break up a hot day - the kids get to be in a story with a princess, and  the parents get to sit in the air conditioning & watch!













After story time we caught a quick ride on It's a Small World before heading over to the castle to have lunch with Cinderella and the princesses! When planning for this Disney trip, I decided to involve the girls in what we'd be doing. Our first trip was a total surprise for them, so I chose all the dining locations & rides we went on. For our second trip, I had a better idea of what they actually liked to do at Disney, so I planned around that as much as I could, but most of the trip was planned for us since it was through Dan's work. This time I figured since we're only doing 2 parks & the Halloween party I'd get their input on what they wanted to do most. The first thing they both asked for was to go back to Cinderella's castle with the princesses, so that was the first dining reservation I made! I can't blame them for loving it - you get to eat in an actual castle, and you meet Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora, Ariel and Jasmine! You all know our girls are princess loving ladies, so this is their favorite! And bonus for Dan & I - they actually have really good food, with good options for our diet (mostly whole30), however it is pricy. We had a great lunch & enjoyed sitting down and resting in the cool air for about an hour!











After lunch we headed over to ride Dumbo together, and then Dan & Emmy got in line for the Barnstormer. Emmy really, REALLY wanted to ride 7 Dwarfs Mine Train, however the line is always about an hour (or more) wait, and her fast pass wasn't until 4:30pm... so in the meantime we introduced her to the Barnstormer, which she loved! Cams & I were headed back to ride Dumbo again while they rode that, but then a summer rain rolled in, so we ran to cover the stroller first. One of my best tips is to buy clear shower curtains at the dollar store for stroller rain covers! They completely cover our double Bob stroller, from handles to footrest and both sides, and we just tuck the corners in to keep it on. Then when the rain is done - you just throw it away! I pack one for each park day of our trip, along with a poncho for each of us, which you can also find at the dollar store, target or even Dicks for nicer ones. You just never know when it's going to rain in Florida - and it might come & go throughout the day like it did today! We got in a few more rides at Dumbo & the Barnstormer, and we took a break inside a store there while the rain passed. We then headed back out with ponchos on, caught Mickey's Philharmagic show, and stopped in to meet Princesses Tiana & Rapunzel! After that it was basically time for Emmy & Dan's fast pass at 7 Dwarfs so they headed there & Cammy & I headed to Prince Charming's carousel. A strong rain rolled through right then, which turned out to be a blessing as it cleared the fast pass line for them! They had their ponchos on while everyone else was running for cover! They joined us for a ride on the carousel, and then we had time for another ride on it's a small world before we headed over to our dinner reservation at Jungle Navigation Co Skipper Canteen. I had picked this restaurant based on their menu for Dan & I, and we enjoyed their food! It's definitely some different options, and of course they still have basics like chicken nuggets and mac & cheese for the kiddos, but it wasn't crazy crowded or loud there, and the timing was just right for our tired & hungry little princesses.








In hind sight, we really could've left the park for the day after dinner & the girls would've been happy - they were tired! Neither one of them took any stroller naps like we thought they might. But we had another fast pass for Haunted Mansion, which Cammy had requested to go on because "I'm 4 now & I'm brave!" so we felt like we wanted to take advantage of her feeling brave! Emmy said she was up for one more ride so we did it, and they both liked it! After that it was almost time for fireworks, so we headed up to the front of the park to get some ice cream while we waited. However at this point Emmy was just asking to go back to the hotel... the girls each ate about half of their ice cream & they were basically done. We were so close to them seeing the fireworks, and I knew if they saw at least the beginning of them they'd love them, so we walked all the way to the front gate, and I used the bathroom while Dan strategically parked them so they could see the castle still. Sure enough, once the fireworks started they were mesmerized! Emmy was still done, but buggy was reenergized by seeing them! We headed out of the park while the fireworks were still going on, and only had to wait about 5-10 minutes for a bus to arrive. I'm sure if we had waited until the end of the show it would've been madness (and a lot longer) trying to get back to the hotel! Emmy fell asleep on the ride back, but Cammy still had lots of energy! When we got back we gave them a super quick shower, story & they were both asleep within minutes!





It was a long but super fun day! We got on a lot of rides and even introduced the girls to some new ones! We'll be back at Magic Kingdom tomorrow afternoon/night for the Halloween Party, and Dan & I already decided we're getting them on some other rides we've never ridden - like Jungle Cruise & Pirates of the Caribbean! And of course we have a fast pass for Emmy to ride 7 Dwarfs again! But first we'll enjoy a morning of sleeping in & some pool and relaxing time at our hotel!

No comments:

Post a Comment