Both of our princesses were pretty tired and a little crabby this morning, and there may have been a meltdown/argument over who was wearing which hair bow... but they pepped up shortly after we arrived at Magic Kingdom. Unfortunately the scuffle over the hair bow put us a little behind schedule & we missed seeing the welcome show at the castle, which Emmy was really looking forward to. Since we missed it, we hoofed it straight back to 7 Dwarfs Mine Train, which already had a 35 minute wait! Emmy really wanted to ride it again, so she & daddy stood in line, and Cams & I rode the Winnie the Pooh ride. I was trying so hard to find a ride that Cameron would actually enjoy, and I failed again. She was ok for the first half of the ride, but then it had to get dark, and the neon glowing Heffalumps & Woozles weren't too friendly looking to her. Needless to say, we won't be taking Cams on any more rides anytime soon!
We took advantage of the rider switch option with the mine train ride so as soon as Dan & Emmy got off, I got to go on it with her, and we got to go in the fast pass line instead of waiting in the now 70 minute wait standby line! After that Emmy wanted to ride the Winnie the Pooh ride, so Cams & I waited in line with them too since there's fun things for kids to play with while you're waiting in line (such a good idea!). Then when it was time to get on the ride Dan & Emmy went on and Cams & I made our exit. Next we took the girls to change out of their long sleeves & pants (it was a little cooler when we left the hotel in the morning, but had warmed up pretty quickly), and then we headed over for our early lunch reservation at Be Our Guest, which is the Beast's castle! The girls were pretty amazed by the inside, and rightfully so! There's three rooms you can eat in; the west wing, which is darker & there's a thunder storm going on, but it also has the magic rose & magic mirror on display. The main ballroom, which is lighter and looks just like it does in the movie. And then there's the rose gallery, which has portraits and tapestries of Belle & the Beast on the wall, and a statue of them dancing in the middle of the room. You can order online ahead of time or order on a computer screen when you arrive, and then you just pick where you want to sit, in any of the three rooms, and they bring your food out to you. The food had a french flair to it, and I thought it was really good! Dan & I split a beef sandwich and a quinoa salad, both were excellent! Emmy ordered the grilled cheese with turkey noodle soup, and we got Cams the turkey sandwich with fries & applesauce. Neither girl ate very much, and they actually ended up swapping some of their meals with each other. We also ordered "the gray stuff" ("it's delicious, don't believe me? ask the dishes!") for dessert, but neither girls wanted/liked it! So Dan & I ended up enjoying them. They were basically a chocolate sponge cake cupcake with this amazing gray frosting on top! Yummy!
Cameron seemed SO much better after her nap today; she was full of energy & in a great mood. She still didn't eat very much until late this evening, when she had some cereal, some berries and some salami & cheese. She had just fallen asleep for about 20 min or so, when she woke up calling for me, saying she had spits (throw up). I got her into the bathroom quickly but she was dry, and so was her bed. But then everything she had eaten today all came out. I'm so thankful she was able to tell me this time that it was coming & she was able to throw up into the toilet.
So we have two sleeping children right now, and we have no idea what tonight, or tomorrow will bring. The only thing we know for sure is we are going home tomorrow!! I'm bummed because we were planning on spending tomorrow at my good friend Kim's house, they only live a few hours from here, and we haven't seen each other since before we moved to Georgia! But there's no way I'm risking exposing her and her 3 children to this virus!!
Despite the way it ended, this has been a truly amazing first trip to Disney for our little family. We had a lot of fun & made a lot of great memories. Being a parent at Disney is so absolutely amazing! Seeing their faces full of excitement, joy & wonder is just the best! I'm so grateful we were able to do this trip, and even though everything didn't go perfectly, it was still a perfect family vacation! <3








No comments:
Post a Comment