Thursday, December 27, 2012

Happy Holidays!

Since we stayed in all day on this snowy day, I've actually been able to catch up on the blog! We've had such a wonderful time celebrating Emmy's first Christmas these past few days, here's some snapshots from our celebrations!

Our first holiday get together was with our friends the Learmans and the Dibbles! We hadn't gotten all together in awhile, and it was a lot of fun seeing all of our girls together!

Celebrating with the Learmans & the Dibbles!

Opening presents!


The next day our friends Kim & Steve Izzo brought their little peanut Emma over to play! Emma is two weeks younger than Emmy, and even though they live in Florida, Emma & Emmy have had a few play dates together over the past year, and it's always so fun getting them together and seeing how much they've grown and changed!

Big girls!

Kisses!

"Does your shirt say Santa? My shirt says Santa too!"

Buddies!!


We celebrated Christmas Eve with the Goerlich side of Dan's family at his Grandparents house. We had a wonderful dinner, and Emmy did a great job opening her presents! We were even surprised to find we were getting a "white christmas" when we left! Here's a few shots from Christmas Eve:

Merry Christmas Eve!

Ready for presents!


Playing with Grandpa

Cuddling with Uncle Jims

Learning to bowl!

Our little family <3


Christmas morning at our house was really fun! Santa took it easy on the presents for Emmy this year, knowing her family & friends would be more than generous, AND she has a birthday less than a month away!! But Emmy was thrilled with the kitchen Santa brought!

Santa was here!

Checking out her new kitchen!

Pink Baby loves the kitchen too!

Not so sure about this one...

The best present ever!

<3 our family


Christmas day we had our family over to celebrate, and Dan did a fabulous job with the food! I have to say I didn't do any actual baking or cooking for Christmas this year, and I'm totally ok with that!! It was quite a bit of work to get the house ready to have everyone over, but it was so nice to not have to go anywhere. Emmy could just be at home with her toys, and we could put her to bed when she was ready (which was late!). I think Emmy had a ton of fun having everyone over, and she was quite the party girl!! She hammed it up big time for everyone, and I know the family loved it! Here's a few snapshots from our day:

Checking out her pink poodle rocking horse!

Our little monkey!

She loved her rocking chair!

And her new wagon!

Family <3

Family <3

And that brings us up to speed! We had a really nice, much needed, day of doing nothing today! We have a few more holiday celebrations with friends & family left, and I don't go back to work until the 7th, and I'm looking forward to having the time off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment