| One of the 3 month pictures we took! |
Well it's definitely been back to reality around here!! I have officially been back to work for 2 weeks now, I can't believe how fast it's flying by, which is a good thing! In some ways it feels like I was never gone from work, in other ways it feels like I came back to a totally new job! Either way, things at work are BUSY, so my days and weeks fly by!! It's definitely been an adjustment for us at home though, by the time I get home from work I just want to see & play with Emmy, then all of a sudden its time to get her ready for bed, nevermind trying to cook or eat dinner!! We're slowly getting the hang of things, and I'm sure we'll have a more normal routine sometime soon!
Emmy seems to be adjusting well to having her "granny nannies" take care of her during the day! Her nap schedule has gone a little funky, but I think she's still adjusting to all the changes we've been throwing her way. All in all she's handling it well, I'm very proud of her! We're so lucky to have our moms taking care of her for these last few months of work for me. Next fall she'll go to a daycare, which we actually found this past week! A co-worker recommended an in-home daycare in Rochester, who only takes teacher's kids, so she follows the school calendar which is nice. When I called she just happened to have only one opening, and it's for a child under 18 months! So I went & visited & felt really good about the home and the staff there. It was also nice to see other Rochester staff picking their kids up while I was there. I took Dan to see it last Monday, and Tuesday we called to reserve Emmy's spot!! It's a scary thing thinking of sending her to daycare, but it's also a relief to have found a good place for her to be!!
| At the Mt. Clemens Let's Move Festival of Races |
This weekend Dan ran a half marathon in Mt. Clemens. Originally Emmy & I were going to do the 5k, however the weather forcast was calling for cold rainy weather, so we decided not to register. But then the weather ended up not being so bad, so we decided to go surprise Dan at the finish line, but I was bummed when we missed him by 5 minutes!! He was still surprised to see us though, and it was nice to see everyone who was there!
![]() |
| Surprise Daddy! |
![]() |
| So happy to see his little Em.J! |
Saturday night we met Dave & Jen out for dinner for a belated birthday celebration for David. Emmy does pretty good out at restaurants now, and loves looking around at all the people and TV's!!! Apparently being out wore her out though, and she fell asleep sitting on Dans lap at the table!
![]() |
| Sleeping at Lockharts! |
Despite her ability to fall asleep at loud, smelly restaurants, Emmy's sleeping has become really inconsistent again. Some nights she sleeps for 7 hours at a time, other nights she's up every 2 hours. We're doing our best to tag team her, having Dan rock her back to sleep at the times when we know she doesn't need to eat really helps. I really think if she smells me she just wants to nurse herself back to sleep, which is something we're trying to avoid. We've gotten pretty good with our bedtime routine, and every other night it starts with one of Emmy's favorite activities: bath time!!!
![]() |
| So fresh & so clean! |




You are so right with the nursing thing! That can get tough! She is beautiful, and looks so happy...you are doing a wonderful job!
ReplyDeleteI love reading your blog :) Mine have been in an in-home daycare for 2 years and we LOVE IT!! She only watched teachers kids too. Tammy is amazing and when they are there its like a big happy family. They are in "their" familiar environment and she treats them like her own. I know Tammy loves my kids as much as we love her. It's a good thing all around. check out top mommy blogs there are tons of mommy bloggers on there :)
ReplyDelete