We're back at Disney (yes, again!) for Fall Break. This year is the PWC Fall Parter's Meeting trip again, but we came down 2 days early for a little extra family time. This is Paxton's first trip to Disney, and our first time having an infant here! Pray for us!
We left around 6 this morning & drove down to Orlando. After all our stops we arrived around 2pm at the Grand Floridian. Since Dan's work is putting us up here for their portion of the trip, we got an amazing corporate rate for the extra nights we booked! The room isn't too bad with 5 of us in it... we have a hotel crib for Pax, but there's also a couch that turns easily into a bed for when he's bigger! But I am saying that prior to us having all slept through a night yet! We'll see if my opinion changes tomorrow. This resort is really just top notch, and if you ever have the opportunity to stay here I highly encourage it!
After we checked in, we headed to our room to unpack & settle in as best as we could. Pax needed a nap so I took the girls for a quick swim in the pool, well really just trips down the water slide, and Dan stayed with Pax while he slept. This was Cammy's first time down a decent size water slide & she was so proud & excited that she did it!
After our quick swim we changed into some Hawaiian gear & walked over to the Polynesian resort for the Aloha Dinner show! It was really nice that we could walk there instead of having to load back up into the car! This was a new dining experience for us & we really enjoyed it! The food was delicious! It's served family style (pork, ribs & chicken, rice & broccolini, and some kid friendly options as well), and yummy chocolate & pineapple cakes for dessert! While you're eating, they entertain you with a hula show, which was fun to watch! They had a dance where the kids could all come up & learn a hula, they pulled people from the audience for one dance, and they closed it all with a fire show of course! I forgot how all the kids fall apart at dinner in Disney!! haha Even though we were at the early (5:15pm) show, there were many crying & tired children ready to go by 6:30, including ours!!
We had a nice walk back to our resort, and after a quick change Dan took the girls back out for a night swim & dip in the hot tub! I got Pax ready for bed & he went right to sleep!! Fingers crossed he sleeps through the night!!
Tomorrow's agenda is Hollywood Studios - extra EXTRA magic hours start at 6am but there's no way we'll be there that early... however Pax is a fairly early riser, so I think I'll let him be our alarm clock & go from there... We have lunch reservations but nothing after that. I'm really leaving this trip fairly open ended to allow for flexibility based on how much being out in the heat & not napping in a bed Pax can take. So far so good! Wish us luck for tomorrow, we'll see if I make it back on the blog! ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment