Friday, October 9, 2015

Up up & away!

I'm posting today from Michigan! Unfortunately it's a very sad reason that brought us here: Dan's great uncle Harold passed away. But we are glad we were able to fly in for the weekend to be here with the family & celebrate Uncle Harold's amazing life❤️


We woke the girls up at 5 am today to get to the airport for their first plane ride! Emmy was so excited she talked the WHOLE way to the airport! After getting through security & grabbing a quick breakfast we were off!


The girls did great on the plane! I had packed lots of new toys, activities & snacks- which definitely helped! We just had Cams on our lap so she did a lot of climbing back & forth between Dan & I, but we really couldn't have asked for more from the girls! 


Once we were back in the mitten, we spent some down time & had lunch at the Goerlichs, before they headed over to the funeral home. I then took the girls to my parents house & when my mom got home from work I joined Dan at the funeral home. It was an emotional time, but it was also filled with the sharing of funny & happy memories of Uncle Harold. I'm glad we could be here with everyone. We are really going to miss Uncle Harold! ❤️ 

It has been a long day. But since the girls are sleeping over at my parents house & we are at Goerlichs, if I can go to sleep by midnight I could actually get 8 hours of sleep!! I don't even remember what that feels like! But I'm gonna give it a try! Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment