| So excited to be 4 months old! |
Cameron is one happy 4 month old girl! She is such a sweetie & loves to cuddle! As you may have seen in my last post Cammy is officially rolling both ways! She's been rolling belly to back for over a month now, but she's just recently mastered rolling from her back onto her belly. And now while she's on her belly she is using her hands to reach for and play with her toys. Cam is comfortably wearing 6 month clothes, and still exclusively eating breastmilk. We did give her a few formula bottles before she started daycare just to make sure she didn't have any reactions to the formula. I wasn't sure how pumping would go when I went back to work, because with Emmy it didn't go so great and that's when she started having formula during the day. But it seems to be going better this time around, and I think it's due to my part time schedule, so we'll see how far we can go before we have to switch to formula. We were originally planning on waiting until 6 months to start cereal & baby foods with Cameron, but she seems very interested in anything we are eating and especially drinking. So we may start her at 5 months instead! Cammys sleep is still pretty inconsistent, she has good nights and not so good nights. A good night is a big stretch of sleep of anywhere from 6-8 hours, waking to eat & going right back to sleep for another 2-4 hours. A not so good night is waking up every 2-3 hours & wanting to eat every time, or waking to eat & staying awake for 2 hours!! We've stopped going in to get her. right away when she wakes up, giving her a few minutes to see if she'll go back to sleep on her own, but she's only done that once or twice. We've talked about doing "cry it out" with her, which is what we ended up doing with Emmy, but the thing about Cameron is she doesn't cry! So we'll see how that goes when we get closer to 6 months.
| 4 month well visit |
At her 4 month well visit Cameron clocked in at 16lb 2oz & 25" long! She got a clean bill of health, and didn't even cry when she got her shot! Emmy was very proud of how brave she was! She hasn't had any teeth pop through yet, but she is chewing on any and everything she can get her hands on so I'm sure they'll be coming out soon!
| First day of daycare, "before"... |
| First day of daycare, "after"! |
Cameron started going to Miss Ritas daycare with Emmy on August 26th. I didn't have to officially work that day, but I took the girls to daycare so I could work for a few hours in the office & run some errands. It also allowed me to spend some time talking to Miss Rita at drop-off about what Cameron's day should look like and answer any questions. Cameron's first few weeks at daycare haven't been stellar... She's not really taking big naps there yet, and she's only taking small amounts at a time from her bottles. I forgot about this adjustment period from when Emmy started daycare, and as hard as it is to see my little bug so tired when I pick her up, I know she'll get used to it soon!
| Living the life! |
Cameron loves playing with toys on her blanket! And as you can see above, Emmy loves playing with her on the blanket too! As we've brought out more of the baby toys, Emmy is more interested in them than her own toys! Cameron is enjoying playing in her bumbo chair, I think she likes being upright & able to use both hands. We also brought out the jumper for her to play in. Her feet just barely touch the ground! But she seems to really like it!
| Loving the zoo! |
This wasn't Cammys first trip to the zoo, but it was the first zoo trip she was actually awake for! She seemed to enjoy being in the bjorn & seeing everyone & everything!
Here's a comparison of Emmy & Cammy each at 4 months old. I think this is where Cameron starts looking more different from her sister, and is looking more like her daddy!!
Cameron Month 4 Pictures: https://www.flickr.com/gp/121854218@N03/AZY787/
More of Our Summer Adventures: https://www.flickr.com/gp/121854218@N03/98Ma75/

No comments:
Post a Comment