Friday, May 2, 2014

She's finally here!

After waiting an extra 10 days past my due date, new girl finally decided to make her appearance! Cameron Loretta Goerlich was born at 12:25am on Sunday April 27th, weighing 8lb 8oz & 21.5" long! She is in perfect health, and looks so much like her big sister!!






Once Cameron decided to come, she came fast! Saturday we spent a few hours walking around the zoo, and then went to church & dinner with my parents. We got home around 8, and my contractions started to come. They were about 7-8 minutes apart so I took a quick shower. By the time I got out of the shower they were more like 5-6 minutes apart so we headed to the hospital. It was nice that my parents were already over to stay with Emmy, who was in bed already. 

We got to the hospital around 10:00pm and got through triage pretty quickly. My contractions continued to come closer together and got more intense. I was worried for awhile that it might be moving too fast to get an epidural, but my OB made sure that didn't happen, and I'm so thankful for that! I had no issues with the epidural this time, and had some immediate relief. My contractions continued to come quickly, and then my water broke. Once that happened it was pretty much time to push! Just a few pushes later and Cameron was born at 12:25! 





No comments:

Post a Comment