Friday, May 16, 2014

Almost 3 weeks old?!

1 week old

2 weeks old

I only have a few quick minutes to post an update (then I'm headed to bed, this mumma is tired!) but I wanted to at the minimum share some pictures from Cameron's first few weeks home (see link at the bottom of this post). Cameron is doing great, and really so are we! We seem to be finding more of our groove as a family of 4, which is reassuring; after those first few days I was worried a certain someone wasn't going to like having a sister very much, but she's come around! :-) Emmy's been going to daycare her normal 3 days a week, which I think has made a big difference for her, giving her a consistent routine & schedule. We also got her nap issues ironed out & she's been sleeping great. The baby's midnight feedings don't seem to be waking her, although she has been waking up earlier than she used to (more like 7-7:30 instead of 8-8:30). She's still very loving & sweet to her baby sister, and we love seeing them interact!

Cameron is also doing great! She continues to be a pretty chill baby; eating, sleeping & pooping! She's been sleeping pretty decent at night, giving me a few 2-4 hour chunks of sleep, waking just to eat in between & going right back to sleep. During the day she takes shorter naps (30 min to an hour each)  and usually one big nap. She's getting her days & nights closer to normal; her night goes from about 10-11pm until 10-11am, which is pretty manageable. On the days Emmy goes to daycare, Dan takes her in the morning & I'm able to get a few more hours of sleep. But on days Emmys home I'm usually up with her around 7:30-8 & I just hope for the girls to both nap at the same time in the afternoon! ;-) Cammy is definitely a healthy eater! Shes eating about every 2-3 hours, or every 3-4 hours at night, which is better than the every 1-1.5 hours she wanted to eat the first few days she was home. She's also gaining weight just fine, going from 8lb 6oz at her first dr visit to 9lb 4oz just 1 week later! She's already outgrown newborn sized clothes & is wearing 3 mo sizes now. Cameron is also becoming more alert for longer periods when she's awake now, which is fun for us. You can see her eyes are focusing more & she's really looking all around to see what's out there. We haven't had to give her a pacifier yet, we are hoping to avoid it altogether, but we so have a few on hand, just in case. So far we only have a few nicknames for her: Cam, Cammy, Cammy-Lou, Lou-bug & squeaker box. This girl squeaks all the time, especially in her sleep!

Cammy's already had a few "firsts" both at home & out of the house: 

First bath at home

First Doctor's visit

First trip to Target

First walk outside

First visit to Grandma Deedee & Papa Jim's

First visit to Grandma Laura & Papa Dave's

First tummy time play!

We can't believe caneron's almost 3 weeks old! However with this milestone also comes daddy's return to work :-( It's been amazing having Dan be able to take 3 weeks paternity leave, which really was 4 weeks when you count the week before I delivered Cammy where he worked from home b/c I was so sick! I think both Emmy and I are going to have a hard time adjusting to not having daddy home with us all day, but I have a feeling he'll be itching to get home to his girls & won't be working so late! At least I can hope! :-)

Well that's it for now!

Cameron ~ Month 1 (so far) Pictures: https://www.flickr.com/gp/121854218@N03/7e3bh9/

No comments:

Post a Comment