Seeing as our little family will be growing soon, we decided that starting a blog to document our 9 month journey and beyond would be a great way to stay in touch with our family and friends, no matter where they may be! So far this experience has been wonderful and exciting! All in all I’ve been feeling good, and haven’t experienced anything out of the ordinary. Dan & I are amazed by the things we’ve been learning about a growing baby, and by the changes I’ve been experiencing too! I’ll be 18 weeks along tomorrow, and can’t believe how fast it’s gone by! I feel like I just found out I was pregnant! According to my weekly updates, the baby is about the size of a turnip, or 5 inches long! Well find out more details next Monday when we go back to the OB for our next ultrasound! Until then…
Our Abridged History…
We found out I was pregnant on a Friday night in May, specifically the Friday night before I was supposed to run 20 miles!! We were both training for the Bayshore Marathon in Traverse City over Memorial Day weekend. After I found out that I was pregnant I put my long runs on hold until I could talk to a doctor or nurse about running while preggo. After taking to my running coach and a nurse, I was given no clear answer about whether or not I should run the race, so Dan and I decided it would be smartest to play it safe, and I switched to running the half marathon instead of the full.
Running the half marathon felt great, and it felt even better when we told our families the real reason I had switched to the half marathon that evening! Both of our parents and two of our 4 brothers were with us that weekend, and we couldn't wait to share the news. We did, however, wait to share the news w/the rest of the world until I had safely made it to 12 weeks. When 12 weeks did arrive it was a relief to finally share our secret with the rest of our friends and family! We told the majority of our friends and family over 4th of July weekend, and even went "facebook official" with the news.
This summer has really been an amazing one, but it's been filled with ups and downs. While we were keeping our "secret", Heather's grandfather fell ill and passed away at the beginning of July. However, in the beginning of August Heather's brother proposed to his girlfriend, and we celebrated again. We are so thankful for all the friends and family we have in our lives, and who are with us on this exciting journey toward expanding our family!
No comments:
Post a Comment