![]() |
| 10 Months Old! |
I'm I know it sounds so cliche, and I've probably said it at every update, but I can't believe Cameron is already 10 months old!!! Time seriously flies lately, and in two short months we will be celebrating out bugs first birthday!!
Cameron continues to be a sweet & silly girl and her personality has really come out more this month. In addition to being a sweet cuddly bug, Cameron has a feisty side and isn't afraid to let us know when she doesn't like something! It's really hard to take her seriously though, it's very cute when she "yells" at us!
Cameron is officially crawling on her hands & knees! She still reverts back to her army crawl at times, like when she's holding a toy, but for the most part she's got the real crawl down! She easily transitions between laying, sitting & crawling, and is now pulling herself up to stand too! She's beginning to "cruise" a little too, taking a few steps at her play table or the ottoman, but it's still a developing skill.
Cameron is very chatty, and babbles at us all day long! She has a few words now that have meaning, and I'm excited to say one of them is "mama"! She's been saying da/dada/daddy for about a month now, but she just started saying mama about a week ago. She also says "ah da" for all done, "hi", "ni ni" for night night, and "sissy" for Emmy! She also knows the signs for "more" and "milk", and she's doing a version of the sign for "all done" as well. One thing is for sure, this girl knows what she wants, and even if she's not using a word or a sign, she knows how to let us know what she wants!
Cameron has 8 teeth now, the four front teeth on the top & bottom. Cameron is still a great eater, and she loves to feed herself!! We are officially done nursing, and Cam gets 4 formula bottles a day. She also eats 3 meals of soft veggies & fruits. She's had pretty much every fruit & veggie now, I'm starting to make the pieces bigger and not as soft for her to work on improving her chewing. Cameron is also a big fan of yogurt, cheese slices, cheerios & puffs! I think we should probably try introducing some chicken to her soon too!
Now that Cameron is standing she loves playing at her activity table, and anywhere else she can stand! We lowered the play kitchen so she can reach it, and she's just barely tall enough to play in the water table! Pretty much everything goes in her mouth, but she also likes shaking and banging toys together. She's always been more interested in Emmy's toys than her own, so we've been swapping some toys out from the basement to try to keep things new & interesting for her! She likes books but she's literally taking bites out of the corners of the board books so we've got to keep a close eye on her. Cameron is also the master of finding the smallest piece of anything on the floor and putting it into her mouth. As you can imagine, she's not a fan of me sticking my finger in her mouth to get stuff out.
Now that Cameron is standing she loves playing at her activity table, and anywhere else she can stand! We lowered the play kitchen so she can reach it, and she's just barely tall enough to play in the water table! Pretty much everything goes in her mouth, but she also likes shaking and banging toys together. She's always been more interested in Emmy's toys than her own, so we've been swapping some toys out from the basement to try to keep things new & interesting for her! She likes books but she's literally taking bites out of the corners of the board books so we've got to keep a close eye on her. Cameron is also the master of finding the smallest piece of anything on the floor and putting it into her mouth. As you can imagine, she's not a fan of me sticking my finger in her mouth to get stuff out.
Cameron is a pretty good sleeper overall: She takes a morning nap and an afternoon nap each day, each anywhere from 1-2 hours long. At night she typically sleeps 10-11 hours, but she's an early riser; up between 5 & 6 every day. On the days I work this isn't too bad since she's basically acting as my alarm clock, I get up and give her a bottle, and I can't think of a better way to start my day! On my days off it's a little rougher, but after I feed her I'm usually able to put her back down to sleep, and she gets another 1-2 hours of sleep. I'm pretty sure she needs a full 12 hours, but something is waking her: hunger? a noise from outside? Either way, I'm sure we'll get there eventually!
As you can see above, Cam has realized that she can stand in her crib, which means we need to lower it again! Just a few nights ago I heard her stirring around 1am. When I looked on the monitor I saw she was standing, but she was quiet so I laid back down for a few minutes. When I checked on her again she was laying her head down on the crib, and as I watched I realized her eyes were shutting! She was falling asleep! It was very bizarre! I had to go in & rock her twice before she went back to sleep, and then that was it until the morning. It was very bizarre, and made me nervous that she might fall & get hurt. But she was fine, and we haven't seen anything like that again, so fingers crossed that she continues to sleep soundly, laying down, in her bed!
To see more pictures & videos of Cameron at 10 months old click here: https://www.flickr.com/gp/121854218@N03/JnGz2d/






No comments:
Post a Comment