Wasn't I just posting that Emmy was 3 months old!?? Oh wait, that's my second child... I have 2 kids?!? Oh boy, I'm already getting off track and I've only just started. Let me try this again...
Emmy is 2.5 years old, and I figured she deserved to have a blog post dedicated just to her again! Here's what Emmy is like at two & a half:
Emmy is a busy, fun, bright, beautiful little "big" girl! It's amazing to see how much she's grown in the last two & a half years! Even the differences from January to July are pretty amazing! Emmy is a very chatty little girl. She has really good verbal skills, sometimes they're too good and we forget that she's still only 2! Even though she speaks so well, she still says some things really cute; "tomorrow" means anything that's going to happen in the future, "yesterday" is anything that happened in the past, and if she wants to know what we think about something she asks "how does that feel?" She's also getting a little sassy & when we tell her something she doesn't want us to say she'll say "mommy don't ever tell me ____!"
As you saw, earlier this summer Emmy figured out how to jump, and now she jumps everywhere! She can also do a two-footed hop. Her gross motor skills in general seem to have improved this summer, especially her climbing & balance! Her new favorite place to climb, sit & lay is on the back of our couch, like a cat. She is also getting braver with playground equipment.
We may be able to chalk some of her recent motor growth up to the dance class she took this summer! After taking a mommy & me dance class for two sessions I enrolled her in a big girl pre-ballet class, where the girls go in & the mommies wait in the lobby! It was only a 6 week summer class, and overall she did really well with it! The first week I had to stay in with her for the first half of class (it was only a 30 min class), the second week I only stayed in for about 5 min, and after that she'd go right in with the teacher & other girls! It definitely helped once she learned that the teacher gave out stickers or suckers after class! But I think she really enjoyed it. She's very proud to show us what she learned in class (pliƩ, releve, tondu & a turn with ballerina arms), using a bookshelf edge in our living room as her "ballet bar", and she even taught Uncle Jimmy a move or two!
Emmy is a thinker like her daddy, and lately her favorite thing to ask is "why?" She also remembers EVERYTHING! (She must've taken all of my memory away as I can no longer remember anything!) And I'm not exaggerating when I say that. It's pretty amazing the things she remembers. And since she has no real concept of time yet she remembers everything like it was "yesterday", literally!
Emmy has a great imagination & her play skills are really taking off! She'll sit & play by herself for longer periods of time now, which can be very helpful to mommy! Some of her favorite toys are: her girls/princesses, particularly Anna & Elsa from Frozen, mermaids, puzzles and dress up! It's fun to just listen to her toys' play situations, they're typically going through the sames things as her. Emmy also likes to give check-ups with her doctors tool kit, and build with blocks or train tracks. And she still loves to read!
Emmy is a really good big sister! She LOVES Cameron so much, sometimes even too much ;-) She's constantly kissing her and hugging or touching her, so much so that we've had to start teaching her about giving people some space! :-) Although I'm constantly asking her to back up or stop touching Cameron's face, Cameron just seems to loves it!! She smiles & laughs at her, and anytime Emmy leaves the room Cameron is looking for her!
Emmy is also very friendly & social. She loves playing with her friends, and even meeting new friends. When we go to someone's house, or if someone comes to our house, she's usually a little quieter at first, but warms up pretty quickly. Emmy often wants to "go somewhere", especially out to eat at restaurants! She's gotten good at ordering her favorite meal (cheese toast a.k.a. grilled cheese) and white milk! She will even ask the waitress their name, and tell them hers.
We're so very proud of our little girl, and love her more than we could ever say!








No comments:
Post a Comment