Sunday, June 17, 2012

5 months old!

Celebrating Father's Day!
In addition to Emmy turning 5 months old today, it's also Dan's first Father's Day! We've had a nice, relaxing day together, so far! Emmy wanted to make today extra special, and her first tooth started to poke through!!! We've been anticipating the arrival of this tooth for quite some time now; she's constantly chomping on anything she can get in her mouth, and drooling like crazy! But I was still surprised when I was rubbing her gums for her this morning and I felt a little poke!! I feel really bad for her though because it's very obvious that she is in discomfort and/or pain from the tooth coming in. She had a good morning, but kind of fell apart at the restaurant this afternoon, and is still in the midst of a 2 hour nap!!! I should probably go wake her up soon so she'll still sleep tonight...

This morning we decided to attempt a 5 month photo shoot outdoors, and aside from one face plant (ouch!), it went well! She's beginning to be able to sit on her own without us supporting her for a few seconds at a time, and we let go for just a few seconds too long... sorry Emmy!! Maybe the face plant was what knocked her tooth through her gums... hmmm... Either way, here's a couple shots we got:









This little girl just continues to amaze us day after day! Our hearts are just bursting with love for her, and it's hard to believe she was born just 5 short months ago!! We really cannot (and don't want to) imagine life without her!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment